Monday, October 24, 2011

Scraps Of Darkness Round Robin-GO!!

Hi everyone! It is time for the Round Robin to kick off over at Scraps Of Darkness, and I am scheduled to go first for Team 2. Here is my team schedule:
Week 1  Renea
Week 2 LisaN
Week 3 Newtoscrapping - Courtney
Week 4 mmlsweet - Monica

And here is my kick off layout, featuring  a photo of my son Draven back in the Fall of 2005, and the super gorgeous Scraps Of Darkness October Kit- All Hallows' Eve. This kit is so versatile and you can scrap more that just Halloween with it. This layout shows how you can get that beautiful fall look with all those gorgeous pps. I did use some pieces from past kits as well. I love that Mel gives us product that we will reach for time and time again!!

I started with a piece of card stock from the August card stock add on then used a piece of stash pp that I distressed and stained the edges of using some of the stain from the June Color Add On. I then did some machine sewing and then took a grunge stamp and inked it up with the Ingvild  Bolme ink included in the kit. The teal pp is one from the new Paper Add On that kicked off this month and then the pumpkin pp is from the kit. I distressed and inked both of these layers with the same stain as the first. The strip layers beneath the photo are cardstock from a previous month's add on that I punched, and added some of the rub ons from the romance Kit onto and then some Tim Holtz ball chain from my stash.




I then took two of the Acetate Clocks from the kit and backed them with some kit pp and added them in behind my layers with foam tape for dimension.


I created the diamonds by cutting them out of pp from the September kit, distressing and inking the edges, then attaching Tim Holtz ball chain around the edges. I then took 2 of the brads from Septembers kit, attached them and then wound twine around them for texture and visual interest.


I created a flower layer using some cut outs from the July kit, Petaloo flowers from this month's kit,  a Prima flower and some Prima leaves from this month's Flora & Fauna Add On. I popped in a chippie that was in last month's kit that I gussied up using, the Shimmerz from this month's color add on, the black ink from this month's kit and the Smooch from last month's color add on. I then attached 2 brads from last month's kit that I colored with Tattered Angels Glam, and wound some more twine around them.

At the bottom corner of the photo I tucked in some more of those Prima leaves and then attached an Autumn sticker from my stash. To add the finishing touches, I took 2 of the Acetate crows from the kit and popped one on my Autumn branch, and then one on a tree branch in the photo.

Thank you for the visit! I can't wait to see what the rest of my team creates using my inspiration. It is so fun watching the layouts evolve from one to the next. Hope you find a fun challenge to play along with this month! ~Renea


3 comments:

cnelson said...

This is sooooo GORGEOUS!

joydee1963 said...

Sooooo beautiful,joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

Shona said...

beatufiul and a great boy layout...love the colors and the layers of goodies :)