Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pink Paislee Phantom Of The Opera House

I am so loving getting to do Halloween this month. I had never scrapped any Halloween before, and it has been so much fun getting to step outside the boundaries and get quite wicked. With this next project, I even stepped off the page to create an altered project for the Pink Paislee October Contest featuring their stunning Phantom line of products. I used my Scraps Of Darkness October Kit-All Hallows' Eve to create this distorted sense of reality project, along with some stash pieces and a lot of imagination. My project is actually a play on the word Phantom and the Opera House, therefore the title "Phantom Of The Opera House". Here it is, my own Opera House complete with Phantom puppets, and a clash between wicked and beautiful!
I started with a card board box, took a template drew out the shape on the flaps then cut them to create the opera house wings and header. I then lined the floor, the inside back and sides with Pink Paislee and kit pps. I then gesso'ed the header, inked it with purple ink, crackled it, and reinked it with black ink to emphasize the cracks. I then took a wood flourish, left over from one of my house decorating projects, painted it orange and then grunge stamped it with some of the Invild Bolme ink from the kit. I popped my beautiful pin from Mandy (aka craftysprinkles) that is in the Romance Add On this month.

For the wings, I stripped of the outer layer of the box to reveal the corrugated board underneath, painted it with gesso and applied strips of cheesecloth randomly for texture, I punched lime green eyelets and then pulled wire through them and pigtailed the ends. I then took some Pink Paislee pp and fussy cut out the lime damask pattern and ran it down the sides. I took some of the Pink Paislee acetate frames from the kit, and laid them at an angle over pieces of the Pink Paislee Banner Kit from the Romance Add On,  that I distressed and inked the edges on and attached those. I painted the chipboard trees from the kit with purple glam and then stickled the branch tips with spiced marmalade.

I then took orange tulle pieces and layered and draped them for curtains, then popped on the 2 Pink Paislee flowers from the banner kit for draw backs. I took an old broken picture frame and cut out some of the Pink Paislee packaging, added some Kaiser Bling from the kit, popped it in the frame and hung it in the backdrop of the stage. I then took some plastic skeletons, misted one with the Shimmerz mist from the color add on and then misted the other orange. I painted popsicle sticks and wood beads and created my puppet handles, punched holes and tied wire from the handles to the skeleton's arms and legs, and there you have my creepy Phantom puppets.


I took one side of the box, gesso'ed it, inked it with orange alcohol ink, and then grunge stamped it with purple alcohol ink . I took a Pink Paislee Acetate Frame from the kit, crackled it and then inked it with the black Ingvild Bolme ink. I took a dress form from my etsy, added some bones and skull head and made my creepy character . I cut out some more Phantom packaging, added some bling and adhered it to the top of my side.

For the other side, I did the same technique with the ink and stamping and to another acetate frame as the first side. Cut the bird cage from some of the Pink Paislee pp and attached it with foam for dimension, and hung it from a Dusty Attic chain link piece that I had misted with the Shimmerz Mist form the CAO. I then took an acetate clock, backed it with some PP packaging and added it. The cats are some chipboard pieces that I glammed and then painted swirl patterns onto with the pumpkin smooch from last month's CAO. I added green gems to their eyes for that eery look. I cut out the happy haunting pieces from some more PP packaging as well as the top header that I added bling to.

For the final touch I added on some Tim Holtz metal feet and that is the conclusion of my Phantom Of The Opera House! Thanks for joining me and having a little fun coloring outside the lines and off the page! ~Renea

3 comments:

Lisa aka Raining said...

Renea what a freaking brilliant creation!!!!!! OMG I love it!!!!!! xoxo

cnelson said...

Soooooooo AMAZING!

Cindy said...

This is Awesome!!