Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tiny Matters

Hey everybody!  It's Wednesday, and you know what that means-a new sketch has been revealed over at Twisted Sketches! The following is Sketch # 114 with the Twist being "Tiny".


The following is my interpretation of the sketch that I created squeezing my Scraps Of Darkness July Kit.  I took the sketch and flipped it 180 degrees Clock Wise and this is what I came up with.



I started with a stash piece of cardstock that I spritzed with some Lindy's Mist. The second layer is a piece of the July Kit pp that I inked and distressed the edges on and then spritzed with the same Lindy's mist and then stamped using a clear stamp and some acrylic paint. The 3rd pp layer is one of those fabulous kit pps that I punched and layered on, and the 4th layer is a piece of corrugated cardboard that I misted, painted using the Twinkling H2O's in this month's color add on, and then Rock Candied to give the chunky look. I then took some cardstock from June's add on, inked and distressed the edges and used them for photo mats.


The photos are of my son, Draven and I took them into Photoshop and gave them a really grainy look to go with the distressed look of the layout. I then took some stash chipboard wings and a heart and painted them using the H2Os and attatched them to the side. 



I then hand drew and cut out some chipboard stars and painted them with the H2Os, then set an eyelet in each of them and hung the "tiny" charms, a camera and a cell phone. Two of my DS's favorite things.  I then took the quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson, “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us” , and created the journaling and title, and fullfilling the twist of "tiny". The chipboard letters were from my Scraps of Darkness May kit, and I painted them using the H2Os, ran them through my Xyron and adhered them to the Corrugated piece.




For some interest in the corners, I took some blue eyelets, set those with my Crop A Dile and then laced and twisted copper wire through them.


Thanks for taking a peek at my interpretation of this weeks Twisted Sketch! Hope you can find the time to play along, and if you do, drop me a comment. I would love to check it out! ~Renea

5 comments:

Shona said...

this is awesome, love that corner and the yummy layers of goodies :)

Esther said...

Wonderful layout, so creative!
Love all your details!!

KellyCreates said...

Every layout of yours is packed full of yummy techniques! Love your work, Renea!!

Em said...

Love all the distressing and techniques!! Phenomenal LO!

Becky said...

Love all of your tiny little touches! Wonderful interpretation!