Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Soul Kiss



This is a layout that I created with the June Scraps Of Darkness Kit. I created it for the Dark Side Challenge that Celina, our Mistress Of Mayhem, is hosting. The challenge was "Wedding Bell Blues". We could scrap either a layout using blue or a wedding themed layout. Mine is a layout featuring my sister in law's wedding day. 

I started with a piece of the cardstock add on that I distressed and stained the edges on. I then stamped the top and bottom . I cut the second layer from the kit Bo Bunny pp, using a template, then distressed and inked it's edges. I then took a 3rd piece from the BB pp and cut a circle then cut the middle out and inked and distressed all the edges, staggering the circle and added some bling.


 To add interest to the white space on the photo, I applied some Bo Bunny Rub Ons from my stash.




I used the the Prima Vine, that I stickled the edges on,  and some of the flowers from the Romance Add on as well as a few flowers from my stash to create the flower layer.



 I took a Prima metal trinket, from the same add on and embossed it with some of the embossing powder from the color add on. I then added the Prima trim from the Romance Add On.



I took a Dusty Attic Ornate Frame, embossed it with the powder from the color add on, and then took some of the distress paint from the same add on and spot brushed the DA. I then took a flower from the Romance Add On and a couple from my stash and added them to the DA.



I used some SM chipboard from the Scraps Of Darkness store, and did the same technique I used on the Dusty Attic piece then popped on some smaller flowers and centers from my stash. For the final touches, I stickled some butterflies I printed onto cardstock and cut out the journaling and distressed and stained it's edges and popped all of them on. The journaling is a Judy Garland quote that reads " For it was not into my ear you whispered, but my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."

Thanks for the visit!! I appreciate you! ~Renea

3 comments:

Carol W. said...

GORGEOUS layout! love all the details, TFS

cnelson said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! AMAZING detail work!

zandra said...

Love all the details! The flowers, butterflies and bling. Just beautiful.
Hugz, Z