Friday, June 21, 2019

Follow Your Heart Layout~


Hello, and welcome to My Glitter Coated Life!! Today, I have a layout that was created with products from Reneabouquets that captures my love of dance.

 I started with some layers of Prima Pretty Pale Paper, and then I tore out sections of another sheet of paper to cover up some of the gold foil that I think got a little busy on the papers. The edges were distressed and inked with, 1st a layer of  Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink, and then I inked on top of that color with some Tim Holtz Tattered Rose Distress Ink just to give me a unique, time worn color and look.



Next, I took a Beautiful Board Laser Cut Chipboard Large Butterfly Flourish Frame, and a paint brush and coated the frame with Ranger Texture Paste. I then heated the texture paste up to make it puff. This gives you the look of resin without all that added weight. I actually took my heat gun, and in places, I got it really close the the paste so that it would slightly burn the edges, because I love the Vintage color this process will give to this look!! I added some tiny little pearls from my stash, and then added some Beautiful Beads Candy Pick Your Color- In Peach Flatback Pearls for an ultra feminine touch.


To add pattern and texture to the layout, I ran some Rose Medallion lace across the bottom section, and then took some more of the same lace, cut it apart, and added it
in random places throughout the layout.


I took a paint brush and painted random puddles of Ranger Opaque Crackle Paste, let that air dry to bring out the crackle, and then took some ultra fine glitter on my fingertip and rubbed it into the cracks which adds a little shine and brings out the deep cracks.







Here you can see all the texture that the Texture Paste and Crackle Paste add to the art piece.


To draw your attention to the photo and frame, I added flowers from the following set:





 Using the same technique that I used on the frame I then added in some Beautiful Board Laser Cut Chipboard Medium Butterfly Flourishes topping those with the rose buds from the set and a
Tiny Treasures Sweet Dreams Dusty Peach Butterfly.

Here you can see the Vintage color that slightly burning the Paste gives you that I was talking about earlier 😉

For my "Follow Your Heart" Sentiment, I used the Beautiful Board Laser Cut Chipboard Small Follow Your Heart Beautiful Words, and I multi layer colored the letters with Distress Markers, and then one of my FAV parts, I added Beautiful Beads Iridescent Pearl In Fairy Lights to the bead holes to create a YUMMY unique look!! 


I create a lot of my Laser Cut Chipboard with the bead holes, because I love the color and textures it adds to the designs. My newest AlphBits are actually hand drawn to be a little wonky, so that you don't have to worry about getting them straight or perfect, so that you can "Say It Like You Mean It!!"





   I took the "Heart" Word of this set and did my coloring, then laid it flat on my non-stick craft mat, and poured glue into the little hearts and sprinkled Diamond Chunky Glitter Glass inside of them to give them a glass look.

And here you can see all the dimension and texture that those Reneabouquets Products add to your art!! Thank you for stopping by, and I hope that you "Follow Your Heart" and create something beautiful for yourself or someone you love!! Hugs ~Renea

1 comment:

Caty said...

Absolutely Wonderful !! Gorgeous every detail, as always. Congrats !
Wish you a very nice weekend,
Big hugs, Caty