Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The Witch Is In ~

Whenever I get a chance, I love to join in on a swap or challenge. It is a great way to be a part of  the wonderful community that surrounds paper crafting, and a great way to make new artist friends. For September I actually did double duty and joined in on a fun Halloween Tag Swap hosted by Donna Anderson, and the Reneabouquets Fall Mood Board Challenge hosted by Tina Goodwin. The following is  a photo of the Mood Board:


And here is the tag that I created for my Swap Partner Laura Lindhorst using lots of goodies from Reneabouquets.


I started with layers of some older Halloween papers,  that I had in my stash,  pulling in the colors from the Mood Board. I distressed  the edges and inking them with Tim Holtz Distress Ink In Vintage Photo.



Next, I took a Beautiful Board Laser Cut Chipboard Medium Wicked Witch, and I colored her using Distress Markers and accenting her hat, shoes, ribbon, broom stick and wand with glitter paints.
I loved the lights in the Mood Board, so I used some little stars that are Beautiful Bits that I colored with distress inks and then added some Christmas Glitter Glass In Gold for lots of shine like the lights!! The ribbon is some hand dyed seam binding turned into a bow and then topped with one of the larger, glitter coated Star Bits.



At the bottom of the tag, I added a layer of  #001 Cotton Cluny Lace, that reminded me of the lace in the Mood Board photo,  and then layered some tinsel ribbon on top of that. The gate piece is a Beautiful Board Laser Cut Chipboard Small Gothic Gate that I cut down to fit the tag and then added color to with Distress Markers. I fussy cut the crow, pumpkin, spider and beware sign from some papers, added a feather and crystal to the bird, made a little cheesecloth web and added the spider topping him with some bling and then adding in the BEWARE sign. 



For the backside of the tag, I added more of the lace and tinsel trim , and then took the leftover pieces of Gothic Gate, added those, fussy cut the little witch silhouette from some papers and finished out the back for a designer look.


Here is a side view, so that you can see the dimension!! When I designed Beautiful Board, I wanted to create pieces that were durable enough to put up with my crazy love of dimension. The witch is stacked on with 3 layers of foam tape, and the BBoard allows her to be stacked that way with no bending or warping like other chipboard products!! 

Thank you for dropping by!! I hope you get to join in on a swap or challenge at some point in your crafting career. It really is a great experience and will help you to grow as an artist!! Hugs ~Renea

Items used from Reneabouquets.com and the Reneabouquets Etsy:


No comments: