Monday, May 15, 2017

Stillness~

I am a country girl at heart and I love creating pieces that reflect my country chic side. Every since I got the Prima Rose Quartz Papers in my Reneabouquets shops, I have been dying to use them for this style, and I finally got a chance over the Mother's Day weekend for some scrappy time and created this layout.


I started with a base layer of  the Prima Rose Quartz Paper, and then took a second sheet, cut it down, and distressed the edges. I tore another piece of the paper and added it, then created a photo matte from some of the papers, added that and then added the photo.


Next, I did some water distressing and pleated the paper on one side, tucking some Sheer Romance White Lace underneath and then topping it with some Horse Shoe Die Cuts, and 
a small rose from the Soft Pink Roses & Leaves Flower Set.





I cut the paper at the bottom of the layout, so that I could do some paper curling to expose the base layer and tucked in more of the Sheer Romance White Lace.
To add in some visual interest and texture, I used a stencil, and Ranger Texture Paste to create a burlap pattern in random places on the layout, spritzed the stenciling with Tim Holtz Brushed Pewter Spray Stain, and then used the heat gun to raise the texture paste and dry in the stain.


I took a piece from the Blue Fern Page Chains Chipboard Set, and inked it with Ranger Big Emboss It Clear Ink , heat embossed it with some powder and then popped some large, flat back pearls on the ends for accent.  I created a flower layer using a Petaloo Burlap Sunflower, various pieces from the Reneabouquets Soft Pink Roses & Leaves Flower Set, and  Ivory Wild Roses & Gardenias Set,



 and some paper rolls wrapped with twine that I created from pieces that I saved when I did my paper tearing on the layers.



I created a second flower layer at the top using a Prima Rose Quartz Provenza Flower, another Petaloo Burlap Sunflower, and a piece and some leaves from the Soft Pink Flower Set, and then tucked in a twine bow. I then topped the piece off with some of my handcrafted Frosty Pink Dragonflies for added dimension and texture.




Here is a side shot that gives you a peek at all the dimension that was created with the papers, techniques and RB Products!! I love to create pieces that have elements that "pop" off the page and I choose products for my shops that make getting this look a breeze!!

I hope you have enjoyed your look at my Country Girl heart, and I hope you have a beautiful week that is full of piece and a little "Stillness" of your own!! Hugs ~Renea


Reneabouquets Soft Pink Roses & Leaves Flower Set

1 comment:

Caty said...

This is a so so so gorgeous Layout Renea !! Absolutely lovely!! wonderful papers and details. Your dragonfly is great ! I wish you a very nice day ! big hugs,
Caty