Friday, November 4, 2016

True Story~Creating Fall Memories With The Blue Fern Memoires Collection

Hello everyone, and welcome to my November Blue Fern Studios Design Team Reveal!
I am kicking off November with 3 projects that I created using the new Blue Fern Studios Paper Collection-Memoires.
This first layout is an example that I created for the Blue Fern November All About Titles Challenge, and for this project, I went with a Fall theme. I used a wedding photo that I added my husband and my initials to for a fun turn on my romantic style. My husband and I have been together for 30 years and I am still crazy in love with him!!


I took a piece of the Memoires Songbird's Drama Paper, and used it for the bottom layer, I then took a second layer of the same paper and fussy cut out the column piece along the side and the bird and flower piece at the bottom and added them on with foam tape to add a 3D effect to my layout.


I then added burlap for a Rustic Chic look and 


took a piece of  the Memoires Paper from the collection, tore out a section, crackle painted it then inked over the crackle for YUMMY finish. I added that then placed my photo on top. I then added areas around the photo with the crackle paint and inking to add depth and pull in the fall colors of the photo.


I wanted to show a close up of the Crackle Detail, so that you can see how much depth and detail it adds.


I tucked a Blue Fern Scalloped Boarder Chipboard Piece  that I heat embossed with Imagine Ink Honey Embossing Powder, then randomly dabbed the piece with a clear ink dabber and heat embossed those areas with Imagine Ink Nutmeg Embossing Powder. 
Next I added a Blue Fern Studios Wild Flourish Bundle Chipboard Piece that I heat embossed with 3 different colors of Imagine Ink Embossing Powder; Sage, Clover, and 
Oatmeal. Adding on various Mulberry Paper Flowers and tucking in a burlap string bow.


Here you can see the detail that 3 different colors of embossing powder gave the piece. 


I added flowers to the 3D column piece,


and flowers to the bottom 3D cutout.
The handcrafted butterflies are my Fall Leaf Butterflies and they added a perfect touch to the Fall theme of my layout.


I added more flowers and another burlap string bow to the photo corner.


And for my "Title" to complete the Blue Fern Challenge,  I used the Blue Fern True Story Chipboard Piece from the True Story, Big Drama Set. I first inked the piece and then took a marker and highlighted the letters to make them stand out.

I hope that you have enjoyed my Fall take using the Memoires Paper Collection, and that you get a chance to join in on the November Challenge and get in on the Oh So FABulous Prize Pack!! Good Luck!! Hugs ~Renea

Blue Fern Studios Supply List:
Memoires Paper Collection:
Memoires
Songbird's Drama

Chipboard:
Scalloped Boarder
Wild Flourish Bundle
True Story, Big Drama Set ( I used True Story Sentiment)

Imagine Ink:
Sage Embossing Powder
Clover Embossing Powder
Ginger Embossing Powder
Nutmeg Embossing Powder
Oatmeal Embossing Powder
Honey Embossing Powder


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Renea! You're right, that finish is absolutely YUMMY!