Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Sunset~


Welcome to October!! I am soooo ready for some cooler weather!
For my Blue Fern Studios October projects, I have 2 layouts and a mini album to share with you. The first layout is based on this month's Blue Fern Studios Sketch:


It features a Rustic~Country feel, and incorporates the sketches main design into one of my FAV styles.


I used 2 layers of Blue Fern Serendipity Paper.  The 1st layer is Fascination, and the 2nd layer is Inspiration Paper that I cut down, inked and water distressed, layering some lace under the distressing.


I added some metal latches coated with gesso to the sides, and then matted the photo out using the Serendipity Contemplation Paper and some burlap.


I added a Blue Fern Small Roman Clock that was heat embossed with Imagine Ink Oatmeal Embossing Powder  to the top corner of my photo, then added some feathers, mulberry paper flowers, and a cream Blue Fern Courtship Rose.




I did some brick stenciling with sand paste.


I then replicated the design from the sketch using a Blue Fern Ironwork Arch Chipboard Piece that I heat embossed with some Imagine Ink Oatmeal Embossing Powder. I then strung some little charms with burlap string and hung them like the pieces in the sketch. I added a sweet little rose and some of my handcrafted Tiny Treasure Delicate Beauty Butterflies.


Here you can see the texture that the Oatmeal Embossing Powder gives the chipboard. (Oatmeal is one of my FAVS. I find myself grabbing it over and over again and so will you!! )



I added some feathers, mulberry paper flowers, and a cream Blue Fern Courtship Rose.

I hope you get a chance to come play along with the sketch challenge and get in on the wonderful Blue Fern Prize Package!! Good luck!! Hugs ~Renea

Blue Fern Studios Supply List:
Paper:
Serendipity Collection:
Fascination
Inspiration
Contemplation

Chipboard:
Ironwork Arch
Small Roman Clocks

Flowers:
Courtship Roses

Imagine Ink:
Oatmeal Embossing Powder

Lace

No comments: