Monday, September 5, 2016

Blue Fern Let's Us Create The Beauty Of Our Dreams~

I am a huge romantic, and the Blue Fern Studios Serendipity Paper Collection, along with their gorgeous chipboard and embossing powders allowed me to capture that Shabby meets Romantic look that I love!!
Please note that I normally crop my layouts down to the edge, but since this one extended just a bit beyond the edges of the paper, I left the black background that I shoot my photos on around it, so that you could get the complete effect. 


I started with a layer of Serendipity-Reminisce Paper,  cut down a piece of  Contemplation Paper,  layered that on top and then took a second piece of Reminisce paper, and tore out a piece to put behind my photo. I then cut down a piece of Anticipation Paper, and used that to matte out my photo.


I loved the large Blue Fern Studios Looped Frame Chipboard, from the set that I had used on another layout, and thought it made the perfect, romantic piece to add to my layout.


I heat embossed the whole piece with Blue Fern Imagine Ink Oatmeal Embossing Powder, and then dabbed it with a clear embossing dabber, and then heat embossed those areas with Blue Fern Petal Embossing Powder, I then randomly dabbed gesso, and sprinkled those areas with silver microbeads. 


I ran some tulle trim across the bottom in a wave pattern and then topped that with some mini roses and leaves.
I wanted to create a little drama, so I wet a q-tip and rubbed a large whole into the second layer of paper and rolled back the edges to reveal the paper pattern underneath that matches the torn paper behind my photo.


I set metal eyelets and then did some lacing with some hand dyed seam binding, created a large bow and then topped it with a button. I love how the lacing brings out the lacing on the ballet shoes in the photo~so romantic!!


I then cut strips in the corner of my layout and rolled them back, and tucked some more of the tulle trim into the corner. I splatter painted and dripped gesso randomly onto spots of my layout and topped them with more of the silver microbeads.


I added some of my handcrafted Sweet Nothings Butterflies for added dimension and texture,


then created the quote "The Future Belongs To Those Who Believe In The Beauty Of Their Dreams"  by cutting it out of the Serendipity Calling Cards Paper, cutting out each section and applying it on spots of my layout.

I hope you have enjoyed a look at my romantic heart, and that you find the time to create a little romance of your own!! Hugs ~Renea

Blue Fern Studios Supply List:

Blue Fern Serendipity Paper Collection:
Anticipation
Reminisce
Contemplation
Calling Cards
 
Chipboard:
Large Frame from the Looped Frames Set

Imagine Ink:
Petal Embossing Powder
Oatmeal Embossing Powder

Items used from Reneabouquets.com and the Reneabouquets Etsy:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful, Renea. The details are amazing! I love the curled paper in the corner, especially, and the laced up tear is gorgeous! Beautifully done!
-Carrie

Julie Gleeson said...

Just Stunning! Wow! The details are so beautiful! Hugs Julie xox

Roosterhead Designs said...

Absolutely gorgeous Renea!
You are so creative with the chipboard; well, with everything!
I really love the layers, distress, and soft tulle~
True vintage quality and beauty~ TFS! Karen O