Thursday, May 5, 2016

Blue Fern Layout~Hushed Tranquility


I love working with natural fibers, colors and subject matter, and the new Blue Fern Tranquility Collection has the perfect colors for layering in with those natural accents!! The following is a layout that I created that expresses my love for nature, and creates a Hushed Tranquility: 


The background layer is Blue Fern Tranquility Blissful Paper, and the 2nd layer is the Blue Fern Jubilation Paper that has been distressed heavily along the edges.


I used some Burlap Fabric that I cut down and frayed the edges on for a photo matte, added my photo and then topped it with a Blue Fern Treasured Floral Frame, 


 that I first inked then dabbed with embossing ink and heat embossed with Imagine Ink Oatmeal Embossing Ink, adding on some mulberry paper flowers for accents.


Here you can see all the detail on the frame.

















I just love the wood grain feel of this paper!



At the top corner of my layout, I added a large Blue Fern Tranquility Roses and Lillies Flower , a Blue Fern Courtships Flower,  feathers, some stash mulberry paper flowers, and then took some of the pieces that I frayed off the burlap fabric tied them together and tucked them in.
My hand crafted Secret Garden Butterflies contained the perfect colors to accent with!



For the bricks that you see throughout this layout, I used the Blue Fern Shabby Brick Bits that I cut into pieces embossed with Imagine Ink Nutmeg Embossing Powder, and then dabbed embossing ink randomly onto them, sprinkled them with Imagine Ink Oatmeal Embossing Powder, and heat set that. I then took some of the centers and painted them with some sand texture paste and put them back into the skeletons. 


I added some of the texture painted bricks to the peek a boo at the bottom as well.


For the large flower layer, I added more feathers, more burlap strings, some more of the Blue Fern Tranquil and Courtship Flowers, a sweet bird nest, a burlap daisy and more mulberry paper flowers.


For the title work, I used another chipboard piece from the Leafy Page Accents, and a Blue Fern Hushed from the Serenity, Calm, Hushed Word Chipboard Set.





I first heat embossed the pieces with Imagine Ink Oatmeal Embossing Powder, and then did some random embossing on the Hushed piece with Imagine Ink Breeze Embossing Powder, and added flower accents.




Here you can see all the dimension and textures that I achieved using all of the Blue Fern Studios Products.

This layout sets the tone for a Hushed, Serene place! I think I will go find one for myself now. Hope you find some time for some Hushed Tranquility in your week. Hugs ~Renea

Blue Fern Studios Supply List:
Paper:
Tranquility-Blissful
Tranquility-Jubilation

Chipboard:
Treasured Floral Frame
Shabby Brick Bits
Leafy Page Accents
Serenity, Calm, Hushed, Set (I used Hushed)

Flowers:
Tranquil Blooms
Courtship Blooms

Imagine Ink:
Oatmeal Embossing Powder
Nutmeg Embossing Powder
Breeze Embossing Powder




Items used from  Reneabouquets.com and the  Reneabouquets Etsy:

2 comments:

Roosterhead Designs said...

Awww, this is gorgeous! (I love birds/nest themes)
So many gorgeous layers Renea; along w/the beautiful BF products.
Love your work! Have a great wk-end~ Karen O

48SevenTime said...

I really love the "feel" of this page! The colors are gorgeous with the burlap and paper...the photo looks so real...I just want to touch this amazing page!