Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Using The Blue Fern Studios Serendipity Collection To Create a Pocket Journal~

I just love the new Blue Fern Studios Serendipity Collection!! The papers  are perfect for my "edgy" meets beautiful style, and provided the perfect venue for me to create this natural, grungy pocket journal:


I started with a pocket journal base that I sew together using upcycled manilla folders. I then layered on a piece of the Blue Fern Serendipity Glee Paper that I cut to fit my design


I cut a strip of canvas and 2 tone spray stained it and then threaded a metal safety pin into the top of it, added a little bird cabochon to match my theme and adhered the piece down the side of the journal.
I took some Blue Fern Chicken Wire Panel Chipboard pieces that I cut out from the panel, and gave them a "rusty" look by heat embossing them with Imagine Ink Nutmeg Embossing Powder, and tucked them into my design.



Next, came a piece of torn, 2 tone spray stained, corrugated board, topped with spray stained cheesecloth, and different flowers and little bird's nest.



I then took a Blue Fern Frill Heart Chipboard Piece, and I heat embossed the edges with Imagine Ink Peacock Embossing Powder. For the center I coated it with Shard Glitter Glass and then shot it with some of the spray stain that I used on the other pieces. I then created a little, multiple layer heart with leftover Serendipity Paper Pieces, and added a little flower.



I added another spray stained piece of canvas and cut out the word "Beauty" from the Serendipity Calling Cards Paper, and added it to it. The Chasing Butterflies are some of my handcrafted Butterflies that I love to add to my projects for added dimension.




The pockets of the Journal Base contain tags and pieces that I created from the Blue Fern Serendipity Glee, Imagination, and Calling Cards Papers. They include:
2 Oversized Tags topped with hand dyed seam binding bows and cabochons
2-Large tags topped with spray stained canvas pieces
2 - Calling Card Pieces that open up book style
and 



this large piece that I created by taking a Blue Fern Swan Gate Chipboard Piece, and lining it with Serendipity Paper to create a tag. I added a Dream Metal Key and hand dyed seam binding hanger. 



To get the rusted look on the gate, I first heat embossed it with Imagine Ink Peacock Embossing Powder, and then randomly dabbed it with clear embossing ink and sprinkled those spots with Imagine Ink Nutmeg Embossing Powder to get that YUMMY, aged look.


Here is the back side of the jounal that was finished out in Serendipity Imagination Paper.

The Serendipity Paper Line is one of those lines that can go with just about any style and I hope you have enjoyed my way of scrapping with it!! Hugs ~Renea

Blue Fern Studios Supply List:
Paper:
Serendipity-Imagination
Serendipity-Glee
Serendipity-Calling Cards

Chipboard:
Chicken Wire Panel
Frilly Hearts
Swan Gate

Imagine Ink:
Embossing Powder-Peacock
Embossing Powder Nutmeg



1 comment:

Johnna said...

Simply gorgeous! Love the aged look you got with the embossing powders and just love the layering and colors.