Thursday, March 10, 2016

Serendipity~Finding Something Good Without Looking For It

I just love the new Blue Fern Studios Serendipity Paper Collection!! Gorgeous colors, and a touch of grunge, so perfect for creating no matter what your style!
Today, I have a Vintage/Heritage style layout to share with you:


I started with a layer of Serendipity Fascination Paper. I liked that it had that notebook edge to it, lending a perfect setting for the look I wanted to achieve. I then cut down a piece of the Serendipity Chronicle Paper, and punched the top and bottom with a lace look punch. I added some vintage look lace to add a touch of softness and femininity.


I then wanted to capture the feeling of time, so I took the 2nd Sized Clock from the Blue Fern Large Roman Clocks Chipboard Set, 


and I heat embossed it with Imagine Ink Oatmeal Embossing Powder. I then stamped it randomly with the pattern stamp from the Blue Fern Bottled Sentiments Stamp Set, used the Imagine Ink Garnet Embossing Powder on the stamping and heat set it.



I created some layers to place my photo on using more of the Serendipity Fascination Paper, and a piece that I cut from the Serendipity Calling Cards Paper that repeated the notebook paper pattern, and then topped it with my photo. 


 I then added a metal office clip topped with a pearl and let it "hold" one of the Calling Card Paper pieces with the "Serendipity" definition.


I created a base for my flower layers using the Blue Fern Whimsy Flourish Chipboard Set that I heat embossed with Imagine Ink Sage Embossing Powder,


 stacking the 2 pieces to make a continuous base to place my flowers and foliage onto.
I then added some of my handcrafted Secret Crush Butterflies on, and they pulled out the pattern in the background paper wonderfully!




At the top of the clock, I added more flowers and foliage. 



Here is a side view to help you see all the Vintage elements and how you can achieve a time worn look using the Blue Fern Products.

Thank you for traveling back in time with me, and I hope you get to create some Vintage memories of your own!! Hugs ~Renea

Blue Fern Studios Supply List:
Paper:
Serendipity-Chronicle
Serendipity-Fascination
Serendipity-Calling Cards

Chipboard:
Roman Clocks
Whimsy Flourish

Imagine Ink:
Oatmeal Embossing Powder
Sage Embossing Powder
Ginger Embossing Powder
Garnet Embossing Powder

Stamp:
Bottled Sentiments

Items from the Reneabouquets.com and Reneabouquets Etsy:





1 comment:

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hi Renea~
Your Blue Fern work is gorgeous! Vintage shabby gorgeous! I truly love their papers and they seem to be 'made for you!':)
I loved the pops of color you added to this page and even your beautiful butterflies were a perfect fit~ Great embossing details here.
Thanks for sharing! Hope all is well.
~Karen O