Friday, January 9, 2015

Collecting Love Letters With The Scraps Of Elegance January Kit~Renea's Charm


Oh be still my romantic heart!! I don't know about you, but I am a super romantic girl at heart!! Add in a little Vintage Yumminess and you have totally got my attention. I just love that the new Scraps Of Elegance January Kit~Renea's Charm, not only has some of my FAV things in it, but that it can also go from Country Chic to Romantic Vintage in a heartbeat!!
For this project, I decided to create an Altered Book Box with a Love Letters theme, giving you a super romantic place to tuck in your love letters, photos and momentos for safe keeping:


I started with a paper mache Book Box and I coated it with Dina Wakley Gesso. I want my items to last for a lifetime, so I do this to seal the paper and to also make it more durable and ready to take hold of the inks, stains and mediums that I use.
I then layered on papers from the kit, some Reneabouquets Timeless Vintage Lace, paper Doilies, some of the tissue paper from the kit and then clipped a Vintage Image to it with a past kit piece. I distressed and inked the pieces with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink to get that aged look that I love. 



Next I added on a Reneabouquets Vintage Romance Brooch, a flower from this month's Floral Add On along with some past kit flowers and leaves, and then created a bow out of the alphabet trim in the Embellishment Add On and tucked it in.


I added on the little Prima metal mail box with letters on it from the Embellishment Add On and more flowers beside it and at the top of my photo corner. added some Scrapmatts Chipboard letters to spell out LOVE, and then popped on a set of my Reneabouquets Tiny Treasures Salted Caramel Butterflies



For the back of the book, I inked in layers of Tim Holtz Tattered Rose and Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Inks.


Tore pieces of the tissue paper from the kit and Mod Podged them on, inking over them with the Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I then painted randomly with one of my FAV mediums Tim Holtz Rock Candy Distress Crackle, let it air dry then inked over it with Tim Holtz Black Soot Distess Ink.


For the "Binding" side of the book, I covered it with some more of the tissue paper sheet from the kit, and inked over it.


I then created "pages" using Ranger Texture Paste, that I then sprayed with Tim Holtz Tarnished Brass Spray Stain, painted over with Dina Wakley Gesso, and then inked with the Vintage Photo Stain to get the look of worn pages. The book is held closed with a ribbon and velcro closure system.


I finished the book out inside with papers from the kit and inks.


 Thank you for joining me for a look at how I put together one of my book boxes and for indulging my romantic side!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! Hugs~Renea





2 comments:

Lizzy Wurmann G. said...

In love with this box!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

You are THE girl I come to for my shabby romantic fix!!! And you never disappoint:) this is divine...looooove how you've used the brooch in there. Fabulous :):)