Friday, December 5, 2014

Documented With The Scraps Of Darkness November Kit~Serenade


Our Scraps Of Darkness November kit is here! And, I just love the colors in this kit, so perfect for just about anything, especially those Winter projects that I am in the mood to work on right now!!
Included in this month's kit:
5 double sided papers from Blue Fern StudiosSanctuary Collection
5 double sided papers from 
BoBunny's Rose Cafe Collection
BoBunny: Rose Cafe Collection - Noteworthy Die CutsBoBunny: Rose Cafe Collection - Film Stickers (1m roll)Blue Fern Studios: Chipboard - Flourish MedleyMaya Road: Vintage Metal Charms - Bronze Love Heart Circle (3 charms)Kaisercraft: Paper Blooms Flowers - ButtercreamBoBunny: Double Dot Pearlescent Paint TubePrima: Chalk Fluid Edger - Old RoadMay Arts:
 Burlap Sting - Light Blue - 2 yards


The following is a layout that I created using the kit and this month's floral add on. It features a beautiful Winter photo of  my sweet, scrappy sister, Lisa Novogrodski's gorgeous (just like her mother),  daughter Brianna.  Thank you Lisa for allowing me to scrap one of your wonderful photos!


I used layers of kit papers that I distressed and then inked really heavily using Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Ink . I then took some paper doillies and inked them up and then, using spray adhesive, so that they look like they are part of the paper design, added them on.



Next, came a corrugated board layer that I misted with Prima Color Bloom Spray in Teal, then inked over it with the Vintage Photo Ink. I then painted the edges with Prima White Sand Paste and sprinkled Reneabouquets Chunky Diamond Glitter Glass over it to get a "snow" look. The Teal paste is actually the Bo Bunny Pearlescent medium that was in the kit and I just mixed it with sand and then heated it up with a heat gun to get that crazy textured look.

The chipboard piece is from the kit and I distress painted it with Dina Wakley White Gesso,  and then rubbed my Vintage Photo ink pad over to get the color variation.
I added a flower from this month's Floral Add On, a past kit script flower and a Prima Tatiana Flower to the corner.



I gave my whole layout a "snowy" look by taking Ranger Texture Paste  and stipple painting it randomly onto areas of my layout. I cut a piece of the film strip from the kit, crumpled it to get the wavy look and then repeated the stippling and texture paste on it. 



I added a "Documented" Bo Bunny piece from the kit and then added on the large Prima Tatiana Flower from the pack, another Floral Add On Flower and another past kit flower, and then tucked in a little Prima Resin Oval Frame and added one of the sweet metal charms from the kit to the middle. 


The Sheer Romance Lace is from my Reneabouquets Shops.


Here you can see all the dimension that the textures and layers add.

Oh tis the Season, for frosty layouts, yummy colors, and lots gorgeousness~Tis the Season for Scraps Of Darkness Kits. So perfect for gift giving or for creating gorgeous, hand crafted gifts!! Hugs ~Renea

Items from the Reneabouquets Etsy and Reneabouquets.com Store:










No comments: