Tuesday, August 12, 2014

August 2014 Challenge 16 - An Elegant & Textural Mood Board by Marilyn Rivera~



This month  the Scraps Of Elegance Design Team is the Guest Designers for the
Scrap Around The World 

I was so inspired by the colors in this mood board, I think I picked up colors from every photo! I picked up roses and textures from the shoe photo, and pearls and bling from the wedding photo. I loved the tonal shade variations of the wall in the first photo and portrayed this on my clock pieces and corrugated board piece. The quote in the first photo reminded me that life is not about fashion, it is about being yourself and that is where my title work comes from.

You can check out the post that features all of the Scraps Of Elegance Designers here:


I used the Scraps Of Elegance July Kit~Chasing Rabbits to put my layout together with, and I teamed it with a Russian Ballet Photo that shows some of the dancers having some fun with all the girls in their pretty dresses and ballet shoes, with the one in the middle hiking up her dress to show off that she is wearing her boots!! This photo reminds me of just how FABulous being yourself can be~
I layered in lots of different kit papers that distressed, inked, punched and stenciled with texture paste. I then created another layer with one of the stickers from the kit, and then took Corrugated board and misted it in layers to mount my photo onto.



I then cut out a die cut weathered clock piece from chipboard and misted it then inked it to get a gorgeous aged color variation. I then used  flowers from the Floral Add On and my stash, along with some tulle pieces, and a Timeless Gold Rhinestone & Pearl Button that can be found along with the Oh So Pinkalicious Glitter Glass Butterflies on this layout in both my Reneabouquets.com and Reneabouquets Etsy Shops.




I created another flower layer at the opposite cornter at the bottom.



I did some misting, then stipple painted some of the word stickers from the kit,



and created my title "Be You Be Fabulous"

Mood boards can be so much fun to get your inspiration flowing, and I hope that you can join Scrap Around The World and the Scraps Of Elegance Design Team for this gorgeous one!!
Hugs~Renea

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

So Beautiful Fashion page Renea!! love the vintage look with all the pretty details, fabulous photo....awesome work hon!!xx