Monday, May 27, 2013

Scrapmatts Australian Chipboard May Reveal

It is time for my monthly reveal over at Scrapmatts Australian Chipboard. I just love working with all the wonderful chipboard pieces. They are so perfect for doing some of the "off the page" work that I love to do, and this month one of the Design Team Challenges was to take it  off the page, so I decided to do one of those altered printer trays that I love so much, because they involve tucking in lots of treasures, and little collections.  I also used my Scraps Of Elegance May Kit-Yesterdays to create this tray. This kit was so gorgeous, and sooooo very perfect for pulling off the romantic, shabby chic look I was looking for.




I started with a printer tray that I painted, sanded in places, and then script stamped.
I then got to work layering in lots of Scrapmatts Chippies, and items that reminded of things a lady would colllect, and treasure. 
The following is a list of the Scrapmatts Chipboard that I used:




The flowers on the top flourishes and dress form are Vintage Rose Quartz Texture Roses from my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop, and the Altered Postal Tea Time Tea Bag, and Fairy Butterflies are also from my shop.










I did so many techniques on this piece, like the script stamping you see here on the backside that also covers the sides and front  of the piece. Other techniques included: painting, seed beads, hand dyed seam binding, layering, distressing, paper rolling, decoupaging, and embossing.
I just love how this piece turned out~ so soft and feminine.

This next project is an Altered Memory Box. One of the other DT challenges was to scrap in the color choices given, and one of them was monochrome. I chose to scrap in champagne colors, and chose a Vintage sewing theme. I used my Scraps Of Elegance May Kit-Yesterdays, along with some of the pieces from the  Scrapmatts  CB1194 Sewing 02   set, and some stash Vintage lace panels, and trims.



The monochrome, champagne colors  worked really well with the Vintage theme, and gave a beautiful, tea stained look to the project.




Here you can see were I threaded the chipboard safety pin into some lace to add an accent at the top of the box.



I loved this little Vintage sewing machine and had to bring it to the forefront  by adding it to a Prima resist canvas piece. I tucked the little chipboard needles into some more trim and topped them with one of the little thread spools from the set. 




The Champagne Dreams Butterflies are from my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop.





I left the outside of the box the wonderful kraft color of the paper mache, then distress inked it heavily and distress stamped an Ephemera pattern onto all 4 sides.
I added some wonderful crochet lace trim from one of my Fav Etsy Shops Catherine Cole Studios, to the lip of the box.



I then created a faux drawer look, using a Vintage Metal Trinket with a Tim Holtz button layered on top.

I hope you have enjoyed my Scrapmatts Chipboard projects! I am hosting an ATC swap over in the Scrapmatts forums starting June 1st, so I hope you will join me!! Until next time, Big Hugs, ~Renea

No comments: