Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Scrapmatts Australian Chipboard Monthly Reveal

Good morning everybody!! Hope you are having a great week so far. It is time for my monthly reveal over at Scrapmatts. They have so many wonderful chipboard pieces and I just love creating with them, because they add so much visual interest to my projects, and with all the different styles they carry, there is truely something for everyone. 

My first project is a layout that was done with the March Sketch that was created by one of our DT members Anne Patterson:

I rotated the sketch 90 degrees Counter Clock Wise, and this is my layout using her beautiful inspiration. Thank you Anne!!


This layout features a self portrait that my son Draven did of his self, and I used my gorgeous Scraps Of Darkness February Kit that was loaded with all those amazing Prima Engraver Papers and Embellshments that were perfect for pulling off the masculine look that I was going for. I did lots of inking, tearing, paper rolling, distressing, gesso overlaying, and staining on this one to give it an aged, well worn look. The matting behind my photo is a piece of used sand paper. I just love the texture of sand paper and it made a perfect backdrop for the photo, plus allowed me to up cycle which is a biggie with me  :)


Here I first took a Scrapmatt's ATC10-021 Film Strip 05,  and painted it with  a Ranger Paint Dauber in Snow Cap and then stained it randomly with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Stain. I then layered it over the photo to draw interest to Draven, and then took a Scrapmatt's CB1072 Gears 01  and stained it with some Tim Holtz Rusty Hinge Distress stain then layered on a Prima Engraver Metal watch part.




I added another Scrapmatt's Gear, and another Prima Engraver piece at the top of the layout.



Then repeated the gear, and watch part pattern at the bottom. The piece with the journaling on it is a piece of broken up Balsa Wood that I stained and pressed one of the Prima watch parts into then added my journaling to. I love using Balsa Wood in my masculine layouts, because it is light weight and really thin, so it is easy to work with.


Here is a shot of the finished layout at an angle where you can see all the dimension.

This next project was created to meet the "Heritage" criteria for this month. I decided to create a small keepsake box that is just perfect for storing old photos of loved ones, and  trinkets and treasures that have been passed down throught the generations. 


I love texture and detail and Scrapmatts Chipboard is a perfect way to add both. Here I used lots of technique to create this box. I used distressing, painting, staining, dimensional layering, gel medium work, stamping and embossing. 




I layered in lots of different paper layers and cheesecloth, and then added some Scrapmatts CB1125 Hinges 02  that I colored with a Tim Holtz Marker then added some little ZVA Pearls to. I used a canvas tag then added a Scrapmatt's CB1134 Assorted Words 01 that I colored with a Tim Holtz Marker, and added a little crystal to.



Here I took 2 Scrapmatt's CB1017 Keys 01 and embossed them with a metal look powder, added a little crystal accent and tied them together with some burlap string.


And here are some close ups of the sides and back:






Thank you for joining me for my reveal day!! I hope you enjoyed my projects using that yummy chipboard. Thanks for taking the time to visit me~you know I appreciate it!! Hugs, ~Renea

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Renea, you are absolutely amazing me! WOW WOW these projects are both soo inspiring! The box is spectacular! and the l/o is incredible!
I just love all the distressing/ripping and layering you do~ Truly vintage, True artistry :)
Thanks so much for sharing your unique and beautiful style! I am always encouraged to try new things when watching you~ Karen

Wilma Voermans said...

Hi Renea, I saw this beautiful page already on SB , but was at work and no time to comment(playing with my phone in the breaks). I really love this layout , it is masculine. I think it is SO difficult to make a masculine page. Why do I have 6 sons?? -lol- love them!

Cindy Gay said...

Love Draven's self portrait and the collage of paper pieces and elements you created!

Lizzy Hill said...

WOW!!! Your work is just sooo stunning whenever I drop by...love your tips & techniques....gorgeous vintage-ness:):):)

Anne P said...

Totally beautiful pieces.

Sandie said...

Oh my, I always love visiting as I know I am going to be in for a feast for the eyes... you never ever disappoint Renea. Your projects, each and every one is amazing works of art... love them all.

Ava Gavloski said...

beautiful work!!!

Caroline D. said...

Both are beautiful! The box though is outstanding and is a keepsake within itself! Thanks for sharing it!