Thursday, January 5, 2012

You Are My Sunshine Featuring Berry Bleu Pages And Tags Using Scraps Of Darkness December Kit-Winter's Eve

Today, I am revealing a layout that I created featuring one of those beautiful Berry Bleu Tags and a photo of my niece Haley. She was over at my house at Christmas just chilling on the coach and she actually let me snap some photos of her. Usually, she covers up her face or sticks her tongue out at me, but that day she actually let me get some good camera time with her.  I also used the uber gorgeous Scraps Of Darkness December Kit-Winter's Eve.

I used some of the Glitz Girl Beautiful Dreamer papers from the kit to start the layout out, then took another sheet of Paper to form the second layer.

I cut the paper at an angle and then water distressed one side and start scrunching and folding it back, After, I got it how I wanted it, I rounded the corners, popped on a piece of the Bo Bunny Chipboard from the kit and topped it with one of the Bo Bunny Trinkets from the Romance Add On. I then took some of the Glitz Girl Trims from the Romance add on and layered in the tulle piece and one of the lace pieces, then added in a pearl string from my stash for a super feminine look.


In the original photo Haley was wearing a red shirt so I Photoshopped her top to match the colors in my layout.

I layered on the Basic Grey Lace Sticker from the Romance Add On first then topped it with my photo. I then took the Dusty Attic Chandelier from the Romance Add On Crackle Painted it, then inked and puff painted it for texture. I then embossed the chain piece to give it a metal look, and then attached the piece at the top corner of the layout. I then layered on a piece of the BB chipboard from the kit, and then created some foliage using a Heartfelt Creations stamp, and popped on a Shabby White Texture Rose from My Etsy Shop.


I used a stash chipboard piece for my title work. I then created a flower layer by first laying down a  ZVA Pearl Flourish. Layering on some Victorian Velvet Glitter Glass Flowers and some White Shabby Texture Roses from my Etsy shop and tucking in some more foliage created with the H.F. stamps. I then popped on another BB chipboard piece from the kit. 

To finish out the layout, I used the Basic Grey Bling It On Rubons from the kit at the bottom and top right hand corners, then attached my Berry Bleu tag to the bottom right hand side of the layout, layered some more of the ZVA pearl flourishs at the corners of the tag, then tucked in a Sea Green Glitter Glass Butterfly from my Etsy Shop and popped two more from the set onto the layout.

I can't believe how feminine Haley looks surrounded by all those girlie layers. She is usually my camo wearing, gun toting tomboy. She is probably going to kill me when she sees this layout-she hates pink-lol! Oh well, I think she looks marvelous! Thanks for the visit! ~Renea

4 comments:

cnelson said...

So gorgeous!

Cindy Gay said...

Lots of neat elements. Like the pretty papers diagonally arranged down the center.

Lynn Biermann said...

Wonderful work! I love all the pretty embellies & how they compliment your pretty niece's photo! TFS :)

Becky said...

Hi Renea! I always admire your work...and I love the idea that you used photoshop to make your photo match what you wanted to do. Beautiful LO for a little tomboy!

Hugs! Becky