Thursday, November 1, 2018

Shabby Christmas Embellishment Box~

I love all the Embellishment Boxes I have seen artists creating this year and so I decided to create one that would make a Beautiful Christmas Gift with products that you can find at Reneabouquets!!
I started with a Paper Mache Nook Book Box and I coated the inside and outside with
Dina Wakley White Gesso and then got started decorating the outside of the box.

I started with a layer of  Blue Fern Vintage Christmas Paper Collection. I then added some Flower Crown Lace and draped it over the cover and down onto the spine.
Next came a Beautiful Board Shabby Christmas Tree Laser Cut Chipboard With Bead Holes that I did some two tone inking to with  im Holtz Bundled Sage Distress Ink, and Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink. I glued Beautiful Beads Irridescent Pearls-Unicorn Cand into the Bead Holes on the tree and then created a snowy look on some of the branches using Ranger Texture Paste sprinkled with
The box ties closed with hand dyed seam binding that wraps around a metal bobbin that I topped with a Sweetheart Button.



At the base of the tree I added flowers from the following sets:
Pink & Ivory Mini Roses
frosting the large rose with the glitter glass and then adding a silver jingle bell and a little Christmas paper piece that I edged with  Ranger Texture Paste and

At the top corner of the book cover, I rolled down the paper added on a piece of  Princess Crown Lace, and some flowers from the sets that I used earlier.   

On the spine where I draped the Flower Crown Lace I added some Beautiful Board Decorative Snowflakes, inking the 2nd layer of the stackable snowflakes and topped them with with Beautiful Bead Silver Candy for a gorgeous, dimensional look.



For the "pages" part of the box, I took 2-Beautiful Board Stackable Heart Border Laser Cut Chipboard, took the hearts that stack on top of the bottom layer of chipboard and coated them with
Pale Pink Chunky Glitter Glass. I absolutely love how this looks!! So much dimension and texture that really sets the box off!!





The BBoard is so durable, I actually just bent the board around the corners. The Board can take the bending, but on some of the intricate details the top layer did pop loose, but I just added glue and pushed those back down onto the bottom layers 😉





I completely decorated the inside of the box with images from the papers so that once all the embellishments have been used, you still have a usable keepsake.


I  covered the back side with matching papers for a designer look.




And then filled my box with matching embellishments:
Pink & Ivory Mini Roses
Creating a gift that would be treasured by any crafter!

Thank you for stopping by the blog and I hope that you get a chance to create some gifts for loved ones and friends that came from your own 2 hands!! Hugs ~Renea

Items Used On This Project that you can find at Reneabouquets.com and in the Reneabouquets Etsy:




No comments: