Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Do You Love To Swap?? Sweet Mini Canvas~

Do you love to do swaps? I do!! It is so much fun to create and receive little works of art between friends! The following is a Mini Canvas that I created for my Reneabouquets Artists With An Edge Group, October Swap Partner-Toni Burks. 


I started with a 5 x 7 Mini Canvas and sprayed it with Tim Holtz Walnut Distress Spray Stain. I admit I am not a huge canvas artist, I am a paper artist, so most of my canvas got covered in paper 😉
The papers are from a sold out Blue Fern Collection~Wanderlust, and I distressed and heavily inked the edges with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I also created a corrugated board layer that I coated with Ranger Opaque Crackle Paste, let it air dry and then back bent the board to make really deep cracks and inked them with the Vintage Photo Ink do make them really pop!


I then scissor cut the bottom of the corrugated board in 1/2 inch strips and paper rolled those and then inked the curls with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress InkTim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink and
Tim Holtz Weathered Wood Distress Ink.

All paper and board layers were attached with Aleene's Fast Grab Tack Glue.


I then took some of the inked Beautiful Board Heart Lattice Elements,


and layered a Tiny
Beautiful Board Lacy Heart Frame on top of it and cut the lattice to fit my heart shape, and then popped on one of the Teal Candy Pieces.




Roses from the following sets:
Tucking in a feather and a burlap string bow from my stash.


To add even more texture and depth, I created puddles with Judikins Diamond Glaze and then sprinkled on Chunky Glitter Glass Teal, and popped on some Beautiful Beads Hand Tinted Glass Beads In Teal~YUM!!


I took a sweet little wooden clothes pin (gifted to me by a past swap partner-Geena Marquez), inked it with the Vintage Photo Ink, and added that on below the dragonfly.



Here you can see all the texture and depth the layering and products created.




The last step was to add a little Tim Holtz Mini Display Hanger that I added one of the Mulberry Roses, burlap string bows and another clothes pin to. I added Chunky Glitter Glass Teal to the label holder and topped that with  Beautiful Bits Tiny Hearts.

I just love the Shabby Country Chic look of this canvas and I hope Toni loves it as well!!
Thank you for stopping by!! Hugs ~Renea

Products from Reneabouquets.com and the Reneabouquets Etsy used for this project:
Personal Stash Items:
Blue Fern Wanderlust Papers
Organic Corrugated Board
Burlap String
Feathers
Little Wooden Clothespins ( A Gift from sweet, scrappy friend Geena Marquez)








No comments: