Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Shoot For The Moon Card




I created this card, using this month's Scraps Of Darkness kit. It is a card version of my Shoot For The Moon layout. We are heading to a family cookout, where we will be celebrating my Nephew Zachary's High School Graduation, and I wanted to create a card with a money holder to give to him.
I started with a stash piece of corrugated black paper that I distressed and inked the edges on.



Next came a layer of the kit BoBunny Zoology pp that I inked and distressed the edges of, and then machinge sewed around the border. I then sized my City Scape that I had digitally created to fit a the smaller venue. I then colored it in with a Black Sharpie and outlined it with a silver metallic marker, and filled in the windows. I fussy cut it out and then took a second image and repeating the steps on  3 of the outer buildings and attached them with foam tape for dimension.


 I used a circle cutter to cut a moon shape from the BB pp, and then inked and distressed the edges. I adhered it with foam tape for dimenison. I then popped on some little sticker stars that I colored with the silver metallic marker. I then adhered the first part of the sentiment "Shoot For The Moon".



I cut the complete card from a piece of stash, white cardstock, and then glued the card face to it. For the inside, I attatched the second part of the sentiment "Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars".



The stars are ones that I hand draw and cut from chipboard then I glued them down, painted them with gel medium and then went back over the stars with black acrylic paint.




I cut a "pocket" from the same white cardstock, inked and distressed the edges, I then stamped it with my LaBlanche Crow stamp and added some Prima for the eye, then set some eyelets in the corners.



I adhered the pocket, placing glue on 3 outside edges so that it could hold a card or money.

I then painted around the pocket and top of the card with gel medium and black acrylic paint.

I hope he likes his grunged up card! I thought it turned out pretty cool!  ~Renea

2 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Especially love the city scape.

Micupoftea said...

Gel medium? Cool! Like the sewing and monotone coloring!