Friday, March 29, 2013

Welcome To The Scraps Of Darkness Blog Hop!!!!

Welcome to the Scraps of Darkness March Blog Hop!!

If you have arrived from Mandy Harrell's Blog- http://forscrappingoutloud.blogspot.com
you are in the right place :)

We  have just  unveiled our March kit
“Day Glo”
and our designers will be sharing a project from this kit with you




We have a special guest joining us this month

GINA’S DESIGNS

Our kit this month features Gina’s
chipboard corners that were designed exclusively for us!!!!

     Scraps of Darkness is giving away our fabulous

 March Kit
 to one lucky winner!

We have 5 prizes hidden on our Designers Blogs! Be sure to comment on each blog to be eligible for the prizes!

Our Scraps of Elegance Designers are sharing their work with the March

“Spring’s Promise” 

kit

All you have to do is become a follower of the Scraps of Darkness blog and “like us” on Facebook. Visit each participating blog, become of follower of those blogs and leave a comment.

When you have visited everyone return to Scraps Of Darkness  and leave us a comment letting us know how much fun you had!

If you post about this blog hop on your own blog you or share it on facebook you will be entered into the drawing twice for an extra chance to win!

We are sure you will be inspired by our talented design team!
The March kit is stunning and you won’t want to miss out on grabbing one for yourself!
    **Open to international entries **

You have until 
                    Sunday March 31st  1:00 AM PST to complete the hop.
The winner will be announced on this blog on Tuesday April 2nd.
Be sure to check back on that day to see if you have won…

Have Fun!

Blogs to visit:

Ginas Designs -   http://ginasdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/
Mandy Harrell- http://forscrappingoutloud.blogspot.com
  <You Are Here >

And here is a project that I created using that gorgeous March Simple Pleasures Kit:


I just love all the burlap and canvas bags that I am seeing out there in the crafting world, and so I decided to create a gift bag made from burlap. I am just a beginning seamstress  myself, so this project is one that even a novice can put together ;) I used a Canvas Corp 12 x 12 burlap sheets to create the base for this bag. I love these sheets, they are so much more easy to cut and work with than when you buy yardage of burlap, and if you catch them on sale, they really aren't any more expensive, if you count that you have a lot less waste.



I cut 2 elongated panels and then machine sewed them together on the bottom and sides, leaving the top open. I did a tight zig zag stich so that even if my burlap frayed some it would still hold together tightly. I was going to turn it inside out, but I loved the rough texture of the burlap edges and the stitching so decided to use it like this.


I took multiple layers of those gorgeous Prima Sunrise/Sunset papers from the kit and heavily distressed them, then inked the edges. I printed out a Vintage Mom & Daughter image from Magic Moonlight Studios, and inked the edges on it as well. I then took some stash crochet trim and pleated it across the bottom a flower from last month's kit, some stick pins from a past kit, a stash Tim Holtz Bookplate that I layered one of the SEI stickers over, and then added some pearl accents to.


 At the bottom I added some stash bridal lace then overlayed it with some of the gorgeous, peachy rose ribbon from the SEI trims that were in the Embellishment Add On.


I ran some more of the SEI trims from the Embellishment add on across the top and added a pearl center button to the middle to gussy it up.  For the "handle" of the bag I took 2 stash Tim Holtz Metal Clips and colored them with Alcohol ink, then added pearl centers. I then twisted Prima Tea Dyed crochet lace with hand dyed seam binding , and clipped each end to my bag.


Here is a peek at the inside to show how you can tuck in a gift, cards, money, or any small treasure you would like. 

And here is the back view.

This bag turned out so Vintage beautiful, I am tempted to use it for a small money purse, for those days when I don't want to carry a full size bag. I have a feeling I will be trying some more of these :)

This next project is one that I made with the Scraps Of Elegance  March  Kit- Spring's Promise:


I love, love, love the G45 Secret Garden pieces in this kit, so magical, and fairy tale perfect, and I wanted to create a little "nook" book so that I could capture that Secret Garden feel once again. I took a little paper mache book, painted it with gesso, and then got to work with the kit, layering on lots of paper layers, and a fussy cut piece from some of the G45 papers. 


Here I layered in one of the G45 stickers from the kit, cut a large Daisy that my scrappy sister Mish (Bubbachooka) had gifted me, and tucked it in. I then crackle painted a little Scrapmatts window from my DT stash and layered it on top of one of the postal stickers from the kit. The butterfly is a Lavender Ice Glitter Glass Butterfly from my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop.


I then created a flower vine using a foliage piece from a past kit, and lots of Petaloo flowers, all from past kits. I tucked in little pearl and crystal accents, then took one of the G45 sticker tags and poped it on then added some tiny metal keys on a ring. The bottom is layers of Vintage look trim from my stash.


The binding of the book box is lace and rose ribbon.



I crackle painted the sides in a two tone process to give it a cracked, aged look, and used lace to tie the book closed.


This is the Back of the book with lots of paper layers.


On the left inside of the book, I added Vintage Lace from my collection and then crackle stamped the base and added a cut out from the G45 paper, and then attached little hand crafted paper clay photo corners to the image.


I just love nooks and cubbies, so on the right hand inside of the book I created little "nooks", and added lots of garden elements from the kit and from my stash to finish out the box. 
I just love these little boxes, and this one evokes the feel of a magical garden where you can get lost and day dream your day away!!

I hope you have enjoyed my projects from both the Scraps Of Darkness, and the Scraps Of Elegance Kits, and I so have my fingers crossed for you to get your scrappy, little hands on either one of those kits. Melinda puts together the most gorgeous, innovative and multi directional kits out there, so Good Luck!!!

Next up is the super talented  Karen Zueger's Blog-  http://lostcoastscrapper.blogspot.com,
her work is amazing and always inspiring so have fun, and give her a scrappy sister hug from me!!!
Hugs to you ~Renea





29 comments:

Elena Olinevich said...

So many elegant projects, they are absolutely fabulous

Lisa aka Raining said...

Wow Renea! You blew me away with your work here! Gorgeous!!!

Buffy Esser said...

Oh Wow! those are some really beautiful projects...the bag is my favorite and I think that is something my daughter would love! I might have to give it a try! thank you for sharing!

Monica Edwards said...

FABULOUS PROJECTS LOVE THEM ALL

Harriet Hensley said...

Your creations are so elegant and beautiful....thanks

Evgenia Petzer said...

as always gorgeous so lovely details!

Alina said...

Wonderful projects! So much inspiration!

Caroline said...

So glad I came for close ups! Truly magical (definitely fairies living at the bottom of this garden). They are big white petals too! Lol. A whimsical project indeedy :))

silvia said...

Stunning projects!!

Shanna Shands said...

The book is just awesome. I love al your lace and rosette ribbon.

langeatheart said...

If I had one sixteenth of the talent you do I would be happy! Your project is absolutely gorgeous I am really tempted to give this a go! If I do I will let you know:) TFS!

klepa_san said...

Fantastic works! Very cute bag, so beautiful details! And the box, mmm, it's really wonderful!

Rachael Funnell said...

OH! MY! Renea... you create the most STUNNING OTP things!!! All of these are SUPER GORGEOUS!! x

CraftySprinkles said...

Stunning projects!

Sarah-R said...

Hi Renea! Stunning projects - both kits are so gorgeous!

Constance Bolander said...

Such beautiful projects. So much detail. I am truly inspired! Thank you for sharing.

famillemarleau said...

Love your projects. They're beautiful. Thanks for sharing, Johanne L.

Ava Gavloski said...

beautiful design work on all your projects... well embellished

Pat said...

I always enjoy your work so much! You are so creative.

Kathleen White said...

Love your work!!

Beatrice Lawson said...

so many beautiful things! Love the burlap bag, the stunning glitter glass butterflies and that purple pretty vine - wow!

Cathi ONeill said...

Absolutely stunning projects, you have my address still, right? :)

Susan Mac Donald said...

your blog is ** stunning**: the book is beyond description!!

MichelleMc said...

Wow these are absolutely stunning, Renea! Shabby perfection!

Nicole Doiron said...

Gorgeous projects! I also love burlap and want to make my own bag now!! :)

elainec said...

All of your projects are just lovely, I like the little bagsin particular, great little gift bags. x

Karen Otterbacher said...

Love love love what you have shared with us here!! Beautiful kits! and the projects you've done
with them are soooo creative! I truly love the boxes and butlap! Once again you've inspired me to 'reach out' and try something new! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Jenny G said...

So much stunning work arena. I love it all

Sandie Edwards said...

More..... beautiful eye candy to admire!!